Return to In-Person Lessons
We are excited to announce that Aspire Learning Academy is reopening! Aspire wants to ensure you during the COVID-19 pandemic that the health and safety of our students, families, instructors, and staff is our number one priority.
What we have done so far…
Since the province of B.C. mandated school closures back in March, we have worked hard to implement our online schooling system so that we could continue supporting our students during this challenging time.
Our Challenges & Solutions…
Shifting to online lessons did come with a few challenges; such as, our teachers & staff having to implement and learn online platforms in a very short amount of time to ensure as little education disruption as possible to our student’s lessons.
We thank all our parents for your patience during the past few months and for also adapting so quickly to our new online registration portal. Our students have shown us that they can be independent self-learners as they rapidly became acquainted with online learning.
All staff and students must disclose if they have any flu-like symptoms, symptoms of COVID-19 or have travelled outside Canada in the last 14 days and will be asked to return home and self-isolate in accordance with guidance from the BC Centre for Disease Control.
- Each student will be required to bring his or her own personal supplies (pens, pencils, erasers, water bottles, etc.).
- Each student will be required to wear a mask while in the centre.
- Please encourage your student to take bathroom trips before attending class; however, the bathrooms in the centre will be open to students.
- Parent waiting areas are temporarily closed and we ask that parents do not enter the centre. Please drop off and pick up your student at the front door.
- All students will be asked to wash their hands upon entering and leaving the centre and will be provided paper towels for hand drying.
- Protective Equipment: Masks will be available on site and will be offered to students.
- Hand Sanitizer: We’ve stocked up! We have hand sanitizer available for students and staff.
- Limiting Capacity: We will be limiting the number of students in the centre to ensure physical distancing.
- Thorough Cleaning: All classroom surfaces (including any manipulatives used), will be wiped down/disinfected before and after each lesson. On top of our regular cleaning procedures, we will be thoroughly cleaning and disinfecting all frequently touched surfaces (door handles, light switches, toilet handles, front entry, computers, etc.), throughout the day.
- Increased Signage: There will be posted signs throughout the centre reminding students and staff of the necessary steps to take to remain safe.
- Following Guidelines: As the situation evolves, we will continue to update our protocol according to regional guidelines.
**There is no evidence that the COVID-19 virus is transmitted via textbooks, paper, or other paperbased products. As such, there is no need to limit the distribution of books or paper based educational resources to children because of COVID-19.***
As your partners in learning, we are here to help. Your child’s health and safety in our learning centre have always been a high priority for us. Every child has the right to learn in a safe environment from trusted teachers. With these extra steps in place, we hope that we will be able to continue to provide your child with a seamless learning experience.
If you have any questions or concerns with any of our programs or how we plan on handling the next term, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the meantime stay safe, and we look forward to the time we can see you all again.
~ The Aspire Learning Academy Team.